skip to Main Content

Surrey Amenity Tips – Changes to Van & Trailer Permits

Surrey Amenity Tips – Changes To Van & Trailer Permits

From January 2020, you will need to pay £8.50 to visit Surrey’s community recycling centres (CRCs) with a van, pickup or trailer. All existing permits have now expired.

Until you renew and pay for your permit, you will not be able to visit Surrey’s CRCs with a van, pickup or trailer.

Renew and pay for your new van permit online

Why is it changing?

Surrey’s community recycling centres (CRCs) are for household waste and not for business or trade waste. Restricting access to van, pickup or trailer users helps to prevent traders from leaving waste which they should pay to dispose of.

The new charges are an admin charge so we can still allow these vehicles to access CRCs.
Applications for permits can only be made online – we are unable to issue permits over the phone as you will need to verify your email address.

The main changes to the van permit T&Cs are:

  • You must now pay an annual charge of £8.50 to apply for a van permit.
  • Once you have applied for a permit and paid the charge, it is non- refundable
  • The new charge and permit still allows you 12 visits per year which will run from January to December.
  • Permits will no longer automatically renew on a first visit to a CRC the following year. You will have to renew and pay for your permit via your Surrey account.
  • You will receive a new permit via email once payment has been made.
  • The permit will need to be shown to site staff on arrival – either a paper copy or on a smart phone. The permit must match the registration number of the vehicle you have driven to the CRC.
  • All other terms and conditions remain the same. Please visit the Surrey County Council website for full terms and conditions and for information on how your van permit works for hire vehicles.

Applying for your van permit

If you would still like to visit our CRCs using a van, pickup or trailer, you will need to log into your Surrey account and renew and pay for your permit.

No longer require a permit?

Visit the Surrey County Council website for:

  • Full details of the scheme
  • To pay or renew and pay for a permit
  • For lost or forgotten permit number reminders
  • Update your permit details

Non-household waste

If you need to dispose of non-household waste (such as from DIY projects) or business waste, it can only be accepted at waste transfer stations in Epsom, Guildford and Leatherhead. Find out more about disposing of non-household and business waste.

Back To Top