The Council is proposing improvements to Horley High Street, subway and Central car park so that they better serve local people, are more welcoming and to help boost the local economy.
Last spring and autumn, they asked residents, shoppers and businesses for feedback on emerging ideas (principles) and designs for Horley High Street and the subway. They also asked how people use the town centre, to inform their plans.
Latest designs – February 2023
They are now sharing more detailed designs for the High Street and subway improvements, along with new plans for the Central Car Park.
- Plans for your town – Horley High Street, subway and Central Car Park improvements – Feb 2023
- Horley High Street, subway and Central Car Park improvements masterplan
If you have any additional suggestions or comments, please email: HorleyTownCentre@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
Engagement – autumn 2022
Last autumn, the council shared details of how the plans for the High Street and subway were shaping up as a result of what people told them in the first consultation. These initial designs were on show at Horley Library from mid-August to mid-September 2022.
- Download the PDF here
Engagement summary report – spring 2022
You can read a report of the summarised findings below:
Following the survey they:
- updated traffic and parking surveys
- looked how any proposals would affect existing junctions and neighbouring streets
- spoke to key stakeholders like Horley Town Council and Horley Town Management Group
- worked with Surrey County Council to review the findings of the Reimagining Horley visioning work to ensure that the outcomes and priorities are integrated with our proposals.
Initial proposals – spring 2022
Initial ideas were on display online and at Horley Library, along with opportunities to ‘meet the team’ in Horley precinct to find out more. The consultation ran from 21 February to 14 March.
What happens next
The Borough Council will continue to work with the design team to develop the proposals further and they aim to engage on more detailed designs for the subway again later in the spring or summer 2023.